What is Cardio Tennis?
* Cardio Tennis is a new, fun, group fitness activity featuring drills to give players of all abilities an ultimate, high-energy workout.
* Cardio Tennis includes warm-up, cardio workout, and cool down phases. If you want to find a healthy, new way to get in shape and burn calories, you should to try Cardio Tennis.
What are the major benefits of Cardio Tennis?
* Participants consistently elevate their heart rates into their aerobic training zone. You can burn more calories than singles or doubles tennis matches. You get short cycles of high intensity workout and periods of rest, almost like interval training. It is a fun, group activity where players of all abilities enjoy tennis together. While you are playing tennis, the primary focus is on getting a great workout.
What happens in Cardio Tennis?
* Taught by a professional tennis coach, a typical program runs for an hour and includes a short dynamic warm-up, a cardio workout and a cool down phase. The majority of the program is the ?workout? phase, which should last around 50 minutes. Most of this portion will include fast-paced drills where the professional feeds balls to players based on their ability and fitness level.
Does Cardio Tennis replace regular lessons / matches?
* No. Cardio Tennis is the 3rd way to play tennis. This ?new form? of tennis just stresses a great workout vs great forehands and backhands. We advise existing players who have regular squad/private lessons or play matches to continue with those activities, as this new program is designed to give you a great workout rather than teach the mechanics of tennis.
Is Cardio Tennis Safe?
* Absolutely. Our goal is to keep all players working out below their maximum heart rate and in their aerobic training zone. Your maximum heart rate is calculated as 220 less your age, and your aerobic training zone is 65% – 85% of your maximum heart rate. We may also play music during your workout because it offers a fun, energizing atmosphere.
How much does Cardio Tennis Cost?
* Cardio Tennis costs just $110 per 10 week term ($11 per session). It is recommended that participants experience Cardio Tennis no more than 3 times per week.
Contact Cagney Tennis Academy on 0412 233 310 for further information on Cardio Tennis.